CFPM Podiatric Assistants Training Program
Train your assistants to become the star that you know they are. You can help more patients more efficiently with a well-trained podiatric assistant. Your assistant can train from home or office. Get your podiatric assistants certified.
After taking this comprehensive course your Certified Podiatric Assistant will be trained in the following topics:
Along with the course there are many new workshops added to the CFPM conference for assistants to go along with the course material.
The CFPM is proud to offer such a comprehensive and exclusive program to our members and their assistant members.
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost: $600 plus HST
Objectives of program and target audience
To train employed podiatric assistants and obtain a certification in podiatric assisting
Requirements to take the course
- Registrant must be an assistant member of the CFPM and actively employed by a Chiropodist or Podiatrist member of the CFPM
- High school diploma( a grade 12 biology credit is ideal)
- To be eligible to write the exam, the student must have worked as a podiatric assistant for a minimum of one year
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification
Memmler’s Structure and Function of the Human Body, 10th edition. By Taylor, Jason J. & Cohen, Barbara J. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkens, 2013.
- Common Foot Disorders by Neale, Donald & Adams, Isobel. Churchill & Livingstone
- Saunders Medical Office Management, 3rd edition. By. Alice A Andress
Timeline to Complete
2+ months (must write exam at conference within 23 months of registering for program). At the end of each chapter are questions to be completed. Please have your employer or colleague mark your chapter questions and record the completion date and grade. This information will be required to be handed into CFPM at the time of the final exam.
Recommended adjunct workshops
Hands on training or workshops are recommended to be completed at conferences prior to writing the final exam
Passing grade on final exam, examination date for first intake of registrants is at the CFPM conference in November 2018.
Must attain a minimum of 80% to pass
After certification – 14 hours of continuing education in a 2-year cycle
Must be an assistant member of the CFPM and must be actively employed by a CFPM member practitioner
Must maintain their CPR certification