Your Feet Are For Living: CFPM Tips to Keep them Healthy for Life
- Don’t ignore foot pain – it’s not normal.
- Inspect your feet regularly. Look for changes in color, temperature, cracks or growths.
- Wash your feet regularly. Be sure to dry them thoroughly between the toes.
- Trim toenails straight across, but not too short. Person with diabetes, poor circulation or heart problems should not treat their own feet as they are more prone to infection.
- Make sure your shoes fit properly. Select the right shoe for the activity you are engaged in.
- Avoid self treatment for foot ailments, as it can often turn a minor problem into a major problem.
- Immediately notify your chiropodist or podiatrist for any changes to your feet and for an annual foot health check up.